Louis Kwall is a fixture in the Clearwater legal community. Since 1991, Lou has been selected for inclusion in the Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Lawyers. Lou frequently represents individuals in administrative proceedings before their regulatory boards. He also represents individuals in criminal, civil rights, employment, and personal injury matters.
Lou is a former prosecutor and was the Chief Assistant State Attorney in the Consumer Fraud Division, Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida. He was Special Assistant Attorney General in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Lou served on the Board of Governors of the Florida Bar from 2000 through 2004.
Lou attended law school at the University of Florida College of Law and received his undergraduate education from the University of Pittsburgh.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights
- Car Accidents and Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Florida | 1967
- Pennsylvania | 1967
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Florida School of Law, Gainesville, Florida | 1967 | J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | 1964 | B.B.A. | Major: Accounting
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Pinellas County Charter Review Committee, Vice-Chair | 2003-2004
- Israel Peace Medal | 1999
- Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee | 1992-1993 (Chairman 1992)
- Temple Ahavat Shalom, President | 1988
- Pinellas County Commission on the Bicentennial of the United States Constitution, Chair | 1987
- Pinellas County Sports Authority
Past Employment Positions
- Sixth Judicial Circuit, Florida, Chief Assistant State Attorney
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Special Assistant Attorney General
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Florida Bar
- Board of Governors | 2000-2004
- Second District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Commission |1991-1995
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission | 1987-1991 (Chair 1991)
- The Florida Bar Law Day, Chair | 1988
- Disciplinary Review Commission | 1987-1988
- Committee on the Elderly | 1983-1985
Clearwater Bar Association
- President | 1986
- Board of Directors | 1983-85
- Ralph Richards Award for Service to the Bar and Community | 2002