Ryan Barack is one of fewer than two hundred attorneys in Florida who have been Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by The Florida Bar. Certification is the highest level of recognition given by The Florida Bar for competency and experience within an area of law.
Ryan has dedicated his career to representing clients in employment law matters. After spending the first five years of his career representing management, Ryan now primarily represents employees. His experience representing employers gives him a unique perspective.
Ryan is a past chair of the Labor and Employment Law Certification Committee of The Florida Bar. This committee is responsible for determining if attorneys should be certified in labor & employment law. Ryan is a past-chair of the Federal Court Practice Committee of The Florida Bar and is a past chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association. He currently serves on the executive committee for the Florida Bar’s Labor and Employment Section. He is a frequent author and speaker on labor and employment law issues. In addition, Ryan has appeared on local television news to discuss employment law issues and is often quoted by the Tampa Tribune and the Tampa Bay Times on employment law issues.
Ryan attended law school at the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at College of William and Mary, where he was a member of the William and Mary Law Review. Ryan attended law school as a Graduate Research Fellow where he was one of thirteen students selected for a three-year merit based tuition waiver and research fellowship. As part of this fellowship, Ryan provided research assistance to Professor Rodney Smolla, including researching and drafting updates for Smolla, Federal Civil Rights and Smolla and Nimmer on Freedom of Speech. Ryan received his undergraduate education at Vanderbilt University where he had majors in political science and secondary education.
Ryan is admitted to The Florida Bar, the Bar of the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, where his status is active but residing out of state.
Ryan D. Barack
Areas of Practice
- Employment Litigation
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights Litigation
Certification / Specialties
- Board Certified Lawyer, Labor and Employment, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Florida | 1998
- Pennsylvania | 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida | 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida | 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida |1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit| 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court | 2003
- College of William and Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia | 1998 | J.D.
- Vanderbilt University | 1995 | B.S.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer | 2008 – Present
- Graduate Research Fellow | 1995-1998
- Leadership Pinellas | Class of 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Florida Bar
- Labor & Employment Law Certification Committee |2006-2012 (Chair 2012)
- Federal Court Practice Committee | 2003-2006 (Chair 2006)
- Labor & Employment Law Section, Executive Committee | 2016-Present
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section | 1998-2004 Co-Chair (2013)
National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter
Clearwater Bar Association